Lately, I’ve been hearing a phrase uttered by every Republican that has access to a microphone and the media. It must be the phrase of the week or the month. The teabaggers kept shouting this phrase as they protested in front of the Supreme Court this week. They, along with Senator Pat “Wall Street” “Club for Growth” Toomey were protesting to “protect our freedoms”. Others were there to support health care for all Americans. There is no correlation between the two arguments and this is why there is no room for dialogue.
Some key Republican phrases:
- “Protecting our freedoms” – this is one that is currently popular and is a catch all phrase. The Republicans are pushing this one even though they wrote, championed, and signed the Patriot Act.
- “I never supported [fill in the blank]“- this is known as the flip-flopper. It doesn’t matter that the contradiction is recorded. They will still deny, deny, and deny.
- “I misspoke” – this one is used to cover up the lies. Republicans NEVER accept responsibility.
- “Job creators” – this one is used as an excuse to tax the 99% while giving tax breaks to the 1%.
- “I don’t recall” – this one was used to cover up the crimes.
Sounds like all the Republicans are reading from the same notebook. They are so very boring and predictable. I don’t understand why the Democrats can’t beat their dupas.
This is our Open Thread. Add more, if you please.