For some reason, this does not surprise me.
The Chicago Tribune reports that:
Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin seems to have switched colleges at least six times in six years, including two stints at the University of Idaho before graduating from there in 1987.
Federal privacy laws prohibit the schools from disclosing her grades, and none of the schools contacted by The Associated Press could say why she transferred. There was no indication any were contacted as part of the background investigation of Palin by presidential candidate John McCain’s campaign. Let’s look at her combined eduction and experience?
- University of Hawaii – for two weeks
- Hawaii Pacific University – Freshman year
- North Idaho College, a two-year school – General studies
- University of Idaho – Journalism
- Matanuska-Susitna College
- University of Idaho – Bachelor’s degree in Journalism
- Wasilla, AK, City Council – four years
- Wasilla, AK, mayor – six years
- Governor of Alaska – 20 months
Hmmm, what about that other Veep candidate, Joe Biden?
- University of Delaware – double major, History and Political Science
- Syracuse University College of Law – Juris Doctorate
- St. Joseph’s University – Honorary degree
- Widener University School of Law – Teaches Constitutional Law
- United States Senator – 28 years
What the hey, how about our Presidential candidates?
- Graduate United States Naval Academy
- Unites States Congressman – Four years
- Unites States Senator – 22 years
And Barack Obama?
- Occidental College – two years
- Columbia University – Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a concentration in International Relations
- Harvard University – Juris Doctorate, first year Harvard Law Review, second year, President Harvard Law Review. Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- University of Chicago – taught Constitutional Law for 12 years
- University of Chicago – Lecturer for four years, Senior Lecturer for eight years
- Illinois Senate – Eight years
- United States Senator – Four years
We all know that Sarah Palin is no money manager, as she left the town of Wasilla in debt to the tune of $20,000,000 dollars (in a town of less than 6000 people, at the time). This is even after receiving more than $27 million dollars in federal funds (can you say Ear Marks? Yeah, I thought you could.)
Vice President Palin does not comfort me. President Palin scares the crap out of me.