The Daily Banter provides us with a list of 10 Republicans who should go away. I added the forever. Not just forever in the Britney Spears comeback sort of way, but forever forever. Gone. Kaput. Never to infect American politics again. Ever.
Who are these 10 Republicans? I’m providing the list, but you have to read the entire piece to see why. It’s quite good.
1. William Kristol – he who is wrong about everything. Go away, Bill. We don’t need your desire for empire building and global domination via war and misery.
2. Sarah Palin – vacuous, vapid, a pitbull piranha without a brain or a conscience.
3. Michelle Malkin – Hateful and ignorant. She even earned an award in her name, to be given to others (by Andrew Sullivan); the ‘Malkin Awards’ for bigotry, prejudice or downright meanness.
4. Dick Morris – a bought and paid for hack. Watching his constant boner for Palin was disgusting. And he does not lie too deftly. Buh bye, you lying sack of shit.
5. Dick Cheney – he who should not be named, or seen. Crawl back into that undisclosed location and take your dark heart with you. One of my favorite lines:
Cheney is the epitome of a political hack, a gutless grey blob of a man with a record of detached violence and personal greed. We won’t see much of him after next January, and hopefully someone will have the decency to arrest him should he venture out of the United States.
6. Mitt Romney – tried to buy the presidency by spending $47, 000, 000 of his own moolah. And lost. Don’t go away mad, Mittens, just go away. Forever.
7. Alan Greenspan – Greenspan’s own words are best for why this guy should go away forever:
I made a mistake in presuming that the self-interest of organisations, specifically banks, is such that they were best capable of protecting shareholders and equity in the firms … I discovered a flaw in the model that I perceived is the critical functioning structure that defines how the world works.
8. Bill O’Reilly – Cut his mike! Forever! Loofah’s anyone?
9. Sean Hannity – the manatee. Dumber than Palin a stone and unable to do anything but regurgitate GOP talking points. Dumb and loud and proud.
10.George Bush – Why should GWB go away forever? Let’s let the Daily Banter run with this one.
The ‘Decider’ will go down as the worst President in the history of the United States, and as Chris Rock put it “Bush is not just the worst ever president of the USA, he’s the worst ever president, period. Of anything.” It’s hard to top the hyperbole commentators have used in describing just how bad Bush really was, because there aren’t really words to do it justice. Bush has presided over monumental fuck up after monumental fuck up, groping his way through the president with the finesse of a 800lb gorilla. I tried to come up with a list of accomplishments he has achieved, and came up with the following:
1. He has increased financial support to Africa to alleviate AIDs and poverty.
Uh, that’s it.
He has presided over two disastrous wars, an increase in poverty at home, an increase in wealth inequality, an increase in the number of people without health care, a crisis in public education, the break down of national infrastructure, the literal drowning of a city, the use of torture as official policy, the biggest financial crisis in 80 years, and the irreversible decline of America’s prestige abroad. Here is something to think about. Every ex President (aside from Ronald Reagan who had alzheimers) has a role to play in public life after office. They give advice, do lecture tours, write books, sit on boards of huge companies and head non-profit organizations. How many people do you think will be itching to receive advice from W? How many companies would have him on their board? Who would buy his autobiography? Who would pay to hear him speak? No one. And that pretty much sums it up.