One of the candidates for the 2012 election is Newt Gingrich. Newt has to be a clone of England’s King Henry VIII.
Newt shares the following “qualities” with good ole Henry.
- Henry had six wives, Newt is on his third.
- Henry was predeceased by four wives, Newt by one.
- Both Henry and Newt remarried with one of their wives on the death bed.
- Henry cheated on all of his spouses. Newt at least two and probably three.
- Henry made the the Anglican Church into the Church of England in order to have a place to remarry, Newt changed churches on each of his marriages.
- Both Henry and Newt considered themselves infallible.
- Neither can be considered honest.
- Henry died of complications of syphilis, Newt is spared by penicillin.
- Both seem obese.
This is our Open Thread. I have presented only a few traits which both Henry and Newt share. Can you come up with some more?