On this date in 1570, Pope Pius V excommunicated
Queen Elizabeth I from the Roman Catholic Church.
Isn’t Rick Santorum ripe for a similar fate? He has ignored the following principles ordained by The Pope and/or US Catholic bishops.
1. Against the Iraqi invasion.
2. Universal health care for everyone.
3. End the death penalty for criminals in almost all situations.
4. That the federal minimum wage be increased, for the working poor.
5. Welfare for all needy families.
6. The basic rights of workers to bargain and to work in a safe work place.
7. Israel withdrawal from Palestinian
territories occupied in 1967.
8. Against denying services to children of illegal immigrants born or brought up in the US.
9. Against treating illegal immigrants as criminals.
10. Against the idea of a preventive war.
11. Women’s rights.
Elizabeth was a saint compared to Ricky.
This is our Open Thread. What do you think?