Has anyone noticed that the tornado season has started a bit early and more violently this year? Fundies, of course, will attribute this to an upswing in Solar activity. Somehow, there seems to be a message, here!. Someone is missing the point.
As a Floridian, I can’t wait for June and the start of the hurricane season, or will it be May?
Technology, greed and politics are getting at the point where the Earth is beginning to complain:
- Weather Patterns have changed – More and earlier disasters have occurred with each passing year.
- Winter and Summer temps are on the rise.
- Tornadoes are hitting earlier than usual and 2012 seems to be headed for a banner year
- Hurricane patterns are moving north.
- Drought regions are becoming more prevalent in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres.
- Levels of CO2 are increasing.
- The amount of methane (CH4) from ‘fracking’ is equal to or greater than that recovered as fuel. CH4 is upscale from CO2 both of which are greenhouse gasses – That,s a double whammy!
- Plant and animal extinctions, based on regional temperature increases are on the uptick.
The last item (Driven by its predecessors) is a primary marker when species divergences have a check point at either 6000 or a million years ago – the extinctions over the near industrial era have occurred in the past 600 years (woolly mammoth excluded) and there is an increase on extinctions as we get further into the industrial age. When will grain crops cease to exist? Could Canada and Canada become the bread basket of the World?
It’s almost at the point where the Koch clan need not be concerned about passing on their wealth. There will be no heirs. I’d rather that my granddaughter not have to suffer for the pleasures of the rich.
Think about it.