“Nature makes only dumb animals. We owe the fools to society.”
(Honore de Balzac)
The bifurcation of the United States is now complete. The AFM (American Fascist Movement, aka the GOP, the Far Right) has, finally, taken over the ‘defining’ substance of the country via its majority control of the House, Senate, White House, and presumably quite soon, the Supreme Court, all alongside the political control of some 32 states. When, on January 20th, the new Precedent (sorry, couldn’t help it) named Donald J. Trump is inaugurated and officially becomes POTUS, the final demise of America will begin in earnest. The goals of the AFM-GOP are fairly straight forward; they intend to address a number of cash and power redistribution projects. Here’s their shortlist:
- Repeal Obamacare;
- Cut Social Security;
- Privatize Medicare;
- Drastically reduce Medicaid;
- Repeal Roe v. Wade;
- Defund Planned Parenthood;
- Disallow female Reproductive Rights;
- Deport undocumented immigrants;
- Overturn Obama’s immigration Executive Orders, including DACA;
- Build a border wall;
- Dismantle the EPA;
- Halt all Carbon-reducing efforts;
- Increase coal, oil, and natural gas production;
- Pull out of the Paris Climate Agreement;
- Open all Public Lands to fossil fuel/mining exploration and production;
- Potentially work to hand over all Federal Lands to the respective States;
- Tax reform: reduce rates for corporate and top individual brackets, screw all the common folk;
- Abolish Net Neutrality (so cable companies can finally make a buck or two);
- Increase “defense” spending;
- Restart the nuclear arms race;
- Stop worrying about budget deficits;
- Blame the entire of the National Debt on Democrats, Obama mostly;
- Find places to start new wars;
- Universalize voter suppression and “ihre papiere, bitte” laws;
- Dismantle Public Education, pay for privatization with tax dollars;
- Rid colleges and universities of all those commie professors;
- Diminish NATO and the EU;
- Explore national merger with Russia.*
*(Not sure if number 28 is on any docket outside the Trump admin., but felt it worth a mention).
In short, (thanks to voter suppression, along with our clearly obsolete Electoral College) it’s a minority of voters that has enabled “All Of The Above.” Stated another way, the death of what once was a nation “of the people” is on the verge of total revision, with the fresh goal of a Feudal-style Fascist Oligarchy lying in wait just over the next horizon. The process should not take all that long to complete, now that the Extreme Right has essentially garnered full control of the government.
The presumed overall consequence — the bottom line — is a simple one: IF the AFM-GOP succeeds in the imposition of its Fascist agenda, the odds are very good that any return to Rooseveltian-style government where the PEOPLE come first, not the money-power enclave, will be gone for at least a generation or two, possibly forever. Remember: when government devolves into Fascism, the sole purpose of the blended money-power government is to disable and destroy each and every program designed to support and enable The People’s pursuit of a comfortable and productive life, and hand it off, instead, to the bums in their imaginary gleaming castles on the hill (sotospeak).
The process will begin on the afternoon of January 20, 2017, immediately following the swearing in of this nation’s 45th POTUS, Donald J. Trump.
Resistance must begin immediately. I, for one, will not attend, watch, or even acknowledge this particular inauguration. I will, instead, spend my time exploring and supporting alternatives, aka virtually any potentially viable project that has even the slightest chance of ridding the nation of its Fascist element, aka the Republican Party . . . and all its works and all its ways. Apparently I’m not alone in this ‘dream,’ at least according to the following link’s stated goal:
Hoping intelligent people across the land will consider and act appropriately upon all viable options, and in the process never forget the ancient but still accurate admonition of Plato:
The punishment for those who are too intelligent to engage in
politics is that they shall be governed by idiots.