There’s a new GOP monster out there,
One that’s emerging from the Narcissistic-Fascist
Ice core that is its heritage, and this day has become:
Trump-Cruz — drip-drip.
Q for America: Whereto from here?
Without doubt, one of the most disturbing aspects of 2016’s Republican Presidential campaign is that its two “leaders” at this point — Donald Trump and Ted Cruz — are politically FAR to the right of that mystical (and poorly defined) boundary that separates American Conservatism from classic European Fascism. Add to that Trump’s indelible and definable narcissistic megalomania — and Cruz’s hyper-religious-anti-government obsession — and what emerges is a potential horror show the world has not seen since, say, 1939.
Number one (currently) in that horror show is the (supposed) billionaire and real estate mogul from New York, Donald Trump. Anyone not brain-dead who’s watched even a video clip from most any of Trump’s campaign appearances cannot help but notice that among all of his myriad undercurrents, two stand tall and proud: Egomania and Narcissism — either one of which could well demand of him, should he become President, some potentially untoward consequences.
A Neuroscientist explains: Trump has a mental disorder that makes him a dangerous world leader
According to a number of top U.S. psychologists, like Harvard professor and researcher Howard Gardener, Donald Trump is a “textbook” narcissist. In fact, he fits the profile so well that clinical psychologist George Simon told Vanity Fair, “He’s so classic that I’m archiving video clips of him to use in workshops.” This puts Trump in the same category as a number of infamous dictators like Muammar Gaddafi, Napoleon Bonaparte, and Saddam Hussein. And although there are narcissists out there who entertain us, innovate, or create great art, when a narcissist is given immense power over people’s lives, they can behave much differently. As the 2016 presidential election grows nearer we must ask ourselves, if elected president would Donald Trump act on the behalf of the will of the people, or would he behave more like a dictator—silencing any dissenting voices, perpetually refusing to compromise, and being oppressive to certain groups? . . . (highlights mine)
Ah, the potential products of Narcissism? Good question. Brings to mind a quote:
The doom of a nation can be averted only by a storm of flowing passion,
but only those who are passionate themselves can arouse passion in others.
And then there’s this, the other side of that same coin:
Ted Cruz’s obsession to destroy America
So far during his candidacy, Ted Cruz has said that if he should become President, he will (at the very least) . . .
- Move the U.S. Israeli Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, Israel’s “once and eternal” capital.
- Shutter the Commerce Department in order to promote free trade and “close the congressional cookie jar.”
- Abolish the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau “. . . and the alphabet soup of regulators.”
- Abolish the Departments of Education, Energy, Housing and Urban Development, and the Internal Revenue Service.
- “Rip to shreds“ the Iran Nuclear Deal on his first day in office, because “it represents a pattern we’ve seen in the Obama administration over and over again of negotiating with terrorists.”
- “Utterly destroy” ISIS. “Carpet-bomb them into oblivion” until the “sand can glow in the dark.”
- “Repeal every word“ of the Affordable Care Act and then “pass common-sense health-care reform that makes health insurance personal and portable and affordable and keeps government from getting in between us and our doctors.”
- Rescind President Obama’s executive orders, esp. those on immigration and gun control. “Those executive orders are not worth the paper they’re printed on because when you live by the pen, you die by the pen, and my pen has got an eraser.”
- Bar (Muslim) refugees from Syria, allow Christian immigrants only.
- Ban Sanctuary Cities, because “Not only are these sanctuary policies an affront to rule of law; they are extremely dangerous.” Sanctuary. Dangerous. Papiere bitte the only solution?
Cruz also advocates a budget-busting flat tax, the elimination of payroll taxes and, of course, ipso facto, the eradication of Social Security and Medicare. He also plans to freeze the hiring of civilian government employees and to eliminate the president’s authority to restrict exports of fossil fuels. Because, you know, MONEY!
Ted Cruz obviously fits the radical far-right wing conservative definition of Leader. He may not be the full narcissist that his poll companion — Trump — has proven himself to be, but Cruz remains, as they say, ‘close enough for government work’ to that “leadership” pinnacle. But — mix ’em both together and here’s what will likely follow:
The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost duty
to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and cooperation. It will preserve
and defend those basic principles upon which our nation has been built.
It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and
the family as the basis of national life. Turbulent instincts must be
replaced by a national discipline as the guiding principle
of our national life.
GOP + Trump + Cruz ⇒ Narcissistic Fascism, AKA GOP
Oh, and lest we forget their defining model:
they clearly belong to and derive from that historical
Narcissistic Fascist, a.k.a.