Where was y’all!? Where was ya!!?? They stole all my granddaddy’s guns!!
Betrayed by tens of millions of teabaggers who failed to show up for the great American Spring, it must be devastating.
This is our daily open thread — See you bastards at Bundyfest!
Posted in America, Features - Parody, Features - Video, Humor, Open Thread, Sunday Roast |
Tagged American Spring, Failure, Humor, Open Thread, Politics, Sunday Roast, Tea Party |
On this date in history,
Leonardo da Vinci unsuccessfully tested one of his amazing flying machines.
Ahhhh, failure. What would we be without you? We’d be bored, boring, and stagnant, that’s what we’d be! Constant success makes one jaded and entitled. Failure makes us get up in the morning and try again! Failure makes us think; failure makes us persistent; failure makes us better people.
I know it’s done wonders for me. 😉
This is our daily open thread — how have you failed?
We to the left of center, know that the George W. Bush presidency has been an abject failure. Actually, not just an abject failure, which implies that George is just a harmless fuck-up, but a failure that carries a death toll.
Paper Trail Blog has summarized Broken Goverment’s list of 128 Bush administration failures since the year 2000.
If you think the Bush “reign of error” was disgusting you already, this list will really make you sick.
45 million Americans without health care
• 60 percent of EPA scientists report political interference with their work
• 1,273 whistleblower complaints filed from 2002-2008; 1,256 were dismissed
• 190,000 U.S.-supplied weapons missing in Iraq
• $212.3 million in overcharges by Halliburton for Iraq oil reconstruction work
• $455 billion deficit for fiscal year 2008; estimated to reach up to $1 trillion in 2009
• $9.91 billion for government secrecy in 2007 — a record
• 809 government laptops with sensitive information lost by FBI, Drug Enforcement Administration, and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
• 30 million pounds of beef recalled in 2007
• $300 billion over budget for Department of Defense weapons acquisitions
• Less than 3 percent of U.S. electricity needs met by alternative energy
• 2,145 troops killed and 21,000 injured in Iraq from March 2003 through November 1, 2008, by IEDs (improvised explosive devices) and other explosives — many while awaiting body armor. Additionally, tens of thousands of Iraqis have been killed in the conflict
• 34.8 percent of oil used in America imported during Nixon administration; 42.2 percent during first Gulf War; 59.9 percent in 2006
• $100 million for failed FBI computer network
• $100 billion in federal tax revenues lost annually to corporations using off-shore tax shelters
• 163 million airline passengers delayed 320 million hours; cost to U.S. economy: more than $41 billion in 2007
• $60 billion stolen in Medicare fraud each year
• 2.5 million toxic toys recalled in summer of 2007
• $12.5 billion for defective National Polar-Orbiting Environmental Satellite System
• $4 billion to upgrade National Security Agency computers that often crash, have trouble talking to each other, and lose key intelligence
• 60,000 flights made by 46 Southwest Airline jets in violation of FAA safety directives due to lax FAA enforcement
• 12.8 percent job turnover at Department of Homeland Security in 2006 — double that of any other cabinet-level agency
If you’re up to the task of reading the rest of the list, go
Excuse me, I need to go lie down…
: : : : : : : : : :