Now that Barack Obama has been re-elected to a second term, what issues would you like for him to address?
Here are some of mine listed in no particular order:
- Decriminalizing, legalizing, and taxing marijuana.
- Legalizing the growing and selling of hemp.
- Presenting to Congress the approved referendum from Puerto Rico for Statehood.
- Fixing Federal voting laws so that no one is disenfranchised by party politics.
- Working to create a law or make a change to the US Constitution whichever is needed to overturn “Citizens United”.
- Appoint progressive, young candidates to the courts, especially the Supreme Court of the United States.
This is our Open Thread. Speak Up!
This past weekend, I spent 2/3’s of my free time volunteering as a member of the “Parking Authority”, reporting to the “Parking Czar”, and parking cars at the Pennsylvania Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Festival.
The cars were parked a distance from the entrance to the festival so a shuttle was provided.
These horses are Clydesdales and provided the horse power during the afternoon. The morning shuttle was powered by bay colored Shires.
Bicycle Man was at the festival and he had his “Conference Bike” available. It’s a six seater which allows for exercise during serious discussions.
It was a beautiful late summer weekend in southeastern Pennsylvania. As you can see, the leaves have not yet started to turn.
This is our Open Thread. Feel free to Speak Up on any topic. Happy Monday 🙂