Yes, you heard me. I want my country back… back from the Tea Party and the big corporations that financially support them. I do NOT want my country to return to the Tea Party and Republican principles of:
- Repealing the Civil Rights Act because the central Government should not tell States how to treat American citizens.
- Eliminating the 19th Amendment to the Constitution. Women should not be voting. They don’t have time for politics because they need to be in the kitchen cooking and they should be waiting on their husbands. The bible tells us that women are subservient to men.
- Returning to slave labor and sweat shop labor practices because businesses should be free to abuse their employees without Government interference.
- Dismantling Social Security because seniors should have planned better for their retirement. Too bad and too sad if Wall Street bankers stole most of their IRA money. Tough luck if the seniors worked at jobs that didn’t have a pension program or 401K program. If these seniors worked for minimum wage, they still should have thought ahead even if it required providing less food and clothing for their children so that they would have that extra money to save for their retirement. Some Republican candidates are claiming that Social Security is unconstitutional.
- Dismantling Medicare because health care is not a right, it is a privilege and the Tea Party does not approve of privileges except when it comes to their idols and themselves. Besides, only the privileged deserve health care.
- Eliminating disability payments because people need to be more responsible and not get injured on the job. This includes our military veterans. They should stop whining because after all, they volunteered.
- Forcing Catholics, Jews and Muslims to commit sins by having to read and study the protestant bible in public schools.
- Allowing property owners to create toll roads. People have a right to collect money from anyone that crosses their property line. Good luck with getting to work on time and having any money left over from your paycheck after paying all the tolls.
- Supporting “Second Amendment” solutions as a means of conflict resolution. This might also work as a method of population control.
- Returning to the glory days of lords and serfs.
I want my country back from hate mongers like Beck, Palin, Limbaugh, Malkin, Kristol, Bachmann, Rove, Cheney, and all the rest that appear on Fox News, the opinion network. The goals for these people are to divide our country and to make piles of money while undereducated people do their dirty work for them.
I want my country back from racists such as Beck, Laura Schlesinger, the Tea Party and the Larouches. These people are so upset because there is a black family living in, what they perceive as, the White(‘s only) House.
I want my country back from people that profit from the suffering of others (Beck, Palin and Limbaugh).
I want my country back from politicians that place Wall Street above and before Main Street.
Yes, I want my country back. The one where everyone is treated with respect and equality, the one where everyone receives good health care, the one where everyone receives a livable wage, and the one where everyone is free to practice their religious beliefs without interference from other religions.
I want back, the country that was progresing forward. Not the one that is currently heading in Reverse.
This is our Open Thread. What do you want back? Speak UP!